The Quad Whip is an upgrade to both the Dual Hook and the Ivy Whip. It can throw out four hooks without letting the previous hook return. It also functions much like the Ivy Whip in that the player can be connected to four tiles with four hooks. In addition to this, when fired it produces a glow around the end hook, proving to be a valuable assistance while mining, searching for the next ledge.
It is crafted from:
- 2 Hooks
- 1 Dual Hook
- 1 Ivy Whip
- 2 Steel Chains
- Crafting station: Adamantite Anvil
- You get one
- This item was quite possibly the hardest one to code, as it took around 6 days to complete.
- The name is a combination of the names of the Ivy Whip and the Dual Hook.
- The item sprite is actually a recolor of the Dual Hook with the addition of two more hooks.
- If you're already using 4 hooks, but you press E, another comes out but one will despawn if it attaches to a tile.
You can spawn multiple extra hooks by doing this.
- Using a Dual Harpoon while stuck to a block using a Quad Whip, it will change the chain to the image of that used in the Quad Whip.